- Q: Do you do tenant screenings?
A: Yes, we do tenant screenings (background checks, credit checks, verify their application to rent).
- Q: How and when is rent collection handled?
A: We collect rent by check or online billing. We also handle late fees and deposits for our landlords.
- Q: How are monthly rental prices determined?
A: We determine the monthly rental price by the fair market value of the home and the local rental pricing trends.
- Q: How will you advertise my property for lease?
A: We advertise online via EdwardsPropertyMgmt.com, MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Apartments.com, create information flyers, post the listing(s) to social media, and place FOR LEASE signs on the property front lawn.
- Q: Can you do rent to own arrangements?
A: Yes, we can do rent to own properties for residential leases.
- Q: Can you do commercial leases?
A: Yes, we can do commercial leases.
- Q: Do I need to turn off the utilities or have them transferred?
A: The utilities would need to be transferred if the tenant is required to obtain utilities separate from the monthly rent. When showing the properties for lease it is highly recommended to keep the electricity and water on.
- Q: Do you provide insurance for the properties when you manage them?
A: While we do have insurance for certain cases, each owner should have home owner’s insurance. However, each tenant is required to have renter’s insurance to cover certain incidences.
- Q: Can you be reached after hours?
A: We can be reached at 830-515-5101.
- Q: Who does the maintenance or the hiring of maintenance?
A: We do have several vendors that we can contact in order to fulfill any maintenance needs.
- Q: Do you deal with tenant issues?
A: Yes, we handle tenant resident calls and respond to requests needed.
- Q: Am I required to make my property available to Section 8?
A: That depends on the property. To discuss whether or not your property would fit Section 8 requirements please call Edwards Property Management at 830-515-5101.
- Q: Can I refuse an applicant because they have pets?
A: Prior to putting the property on the market for lease, please state whether or not if pets are allowed on your property. Service animals are the exception to that.
- Q: What are the management fees?
A: We charge $300/month or a certain percentage of the rent rate.
- Q: What kind of accounting statement will I receive each month?
A: You will receive an owner statement each month along with a newsletter. Checks go out to owners who do not use Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
- Q: I want to switch from my former management company. What are the requirements for transfer?
A: We are more than happy to take on any new properties. Call 830-515-5101 to chat with us about the requirements for transfer.
- Q: What do you charge to evict an existing tenant?
A: We do charge an hourly rate of $125/hour.
- Q: What if the tenant wants to break the lease?
A: The tenant is responsible to fulfill the duration of their lease agreement until a new tenant is procured and give a 30 day notice to vacate. If they received orders to transfer out due to military reasons, they also need to submit the order paperwork from their military branch. If the tenant dies, a death certificate needs to be delivered by the surviving family member of the deceased tenant. We will market the property as soon as possible.
- Q: What is considered an emergency?
If anyone is in imminent danger, please call 911. An emergency is any situation related to the Property that materially affects the physical health or safety of Tenant. Examples could be gas leaks, exposed electrical wiring, flooding due to a plumbing issue, or “Acts of God” interfere with living conditions (for example: trees fall on house, lightning strikes the house causing damage, rabid wild life, or if a motorized vehicle crashes through the home). Examples of non-emergencies could be HVAC system going out, broken window, or minor pest control.