- Q: What are the qualifications for applying for a rental?
A: Please refer to our Tenant Application Qualifications located on our website at EdwardsPropertyMgmt.com.
- Q: How do I get keys for the mailbox?
A: Please visit the USPS office that services the leased property with a copy of your lease. They will issue you a new set of keys and tell you where your mailbox is.
- Q: How do I report a maintenance item?
A: Please log in to your Buildium® account to submit a work order.
- Q: What is considered an emergency repair?
A: If anyone is in imminent danger, please call 911. An emergency is any situation related to the Property that materially affects the physical health or safety of Tenant. Examples could be gas leaks, exposed electrical wiring, flooding due to a plumbing issue, or “Acts of God” interfere with living conditions (for example: trees fall on house, lightning strikes the house causing damage, rabid wild life, or if a motorized vehicle crashes through the home). Examples of non-emergencies could be HVAC system going out, broken window, or minor pest control.
- Q: How should I handle emergency repairs?
A: If anyone is in imminent danger, please call 911. You should know the location and operation of the property’s main water cut-off valve and all electrical breaker boxes. In an emergency repair situation, you should immediately turn off the water or electric supply.
- Q: Can I be charged for maintenance at the property?
A: You are responsible for changing out the air filter(s) in the AC unit, the lightbulbs, and mowing the lawn (if applicable to the lease agreement). Any issues that are caused by the Tenant will be billed to the Tenant’s ledger.
- Q: Can I install cable or satellite TV at the property?
A: If the lease allows on that particular property, yes. Permission from the Property Manager is required prior to installation.
- Q: What are my rights to privacy if the landlord wants to enter the property?
A: A 24-hour notice will be given prior to the visit.
- Q: Can I sub-lease the property?
A: No sub leases are not allowed.
- Q: Can I rent a steam cleaner and clean the carpets myself when I move out?
- Q: What pets are allowed?
A: Each rental property varies on which pet is or is not allowed. Please call Edwards Property Management at (830) 515-5101.
- Q: What is considered a service animal?
A: A service animal is an animal approved by your doctor to aid in your health. A written note from a doctor is required prior to application.
- Q: Can I get a pet after move-in?
A: No, unless you contact Edwards Property Management and the proper pet agreement and pet deposits are paid by certified funds. If any unauthorized pets are found on the property, Tenant will be subject to pet fines as stated in the signed lease agreement.
- Q: When and how should I give my notice to vacate?
A: We require a 30-day written notice to vacate prior to vacating.
- Q: What happens if my roommate moves out before the end of the lease?
A: You and your roommate are still responsible to fulfill the lease in its entirety. You may contact Property Management to discuss the removal of a party from the lease.
- Q: What are the late fee charges?
A: Late charges will be applied as per the signed lease agreement. If you cannot make your rent payment on time, please contact Property Management prior to your rent being late. Rent and all late payments must be paid in certified funds. The electronic payment feature will be disabled on your Buildium® account until all outstanding charges are paid in full by certified funds.
- Q:Why did my auto pay get declined?
A: Either your method of payment is out of date or there were insufficient funds in the bank account on file. Please update your method of payment online as soon as possible or deliver a check in person. Late charges will be applied if payment is received after the date stipulated in the lease agreement. Rent and late charges must be paid in certified funds.
- Q: I have always paid my rent on time. Why did I receive a 3-day eviction notice when the rent was only 6 days late?
A: It is on the renter’s lease agreement that a 3-day notice to vacate will be issued when the rent is 6 days late or more. If there are problems to make payments on time please contact Edwards Property Management at 830-515-5101 to discuss the matter.
- Q: I am an excellent resident and take good care of the home. Can you waive my late charges?
A: We do offer a one-time waive of late charges. Please contact Property Management to further discuss late fee waiver policy.
- Q: What if my bank caused the NSF or late payment?
A: Any fees that the bank has charged needs to be taken care of with the bank. This is separate from any late fees that would occur if rent is not paid in a timely manner.
- Q: If I bounce a check what happens?
A: A charge of $50 for each check bounced will be applied to the rent. Late fees would also apply if other arrangements are not made before the rent due date.
- Q: When is rent considered late?
A: Rent is due on the 1st day of each month. We offer a payment delivery grace period, meaning if you mail the check and it arrives prior to mid-night on the day of your grace period. Any payment received after midnight of the grace period will be charged late fees.
- Q: I had a problem getting my rent to go through the online payment method. Do I have to pay late fees?
A: Yes, you and anyone listed on the lease agreement are responsible to get the payment delivered by the due date. If the online payment system is not working, please submit a written check before midnight of the grace period. After the midnight of the grace period please submit payment by certified funds made out to Edwards Property Management including the late fees.